Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The beginning of my End Game

Survivalism. That's my word of the moment.

The term came to me after a friend suggested I read a book called 'Emergency' by Neil Strauss.

Until I had read this book I had assumed that bushcraft or survival techniques were for people like Ray Mears. I had assumed that if the world were to end that I would be killed in the very instant whatever apocalyptic event took place.

But what if I were a survivor? What if everything I knew changed and I was forced to protect and shelter myself and others around me? Would I be a sheep or a wolf?

It's these what ifs that have led me to start this blog.

I have decided that I am going to learn the fundamentals of survival and try to build on the knowledge over time. The purpose of this blog is to help me track and document my progress, as well as gain the interest of others so that they might also consider starting this path.

Please do not mistake this venture as paranoia. I have no delusions regarding the end of the world. This is simply me being prepared for worst case scenarios, therefore all other scenarios by default.

More to come in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment